Tuesday, May 5, 2009

my new blog

I plan to use this blog to hash out all the wedding jargon that swims around in my head from day to day. Since I've moved my wedding from October to March - I'm ahead on my planning. I now have an extra 4-6 months (depending on how you count - I like to not include the current month or the month of when I'm counting down to the wedding!). You'd think being ahead would be a good thing. But, so far it's just made me reconsider EVERY detail I've already planned. Now that I have time, and possibly more budget, should I change the location? The day of the week (we'd chosen Thursday for budget reasons as well as college football that happens every Saturday in the fall)? What about my autumn toned colors...in March?! Needless to say, I have a lot to figure out between now and March.

I'm pretty sure I'll stick with my colors. I've already purchased fall foliage, wreaths, mini pine cones, gold balls to put in glass jars, chocolate brown bridesmaid dresses, amber votives, had the invites designed...you get the idea, I have a lot in place! I have toyed with the idea of adding to the scheme. It was just a rust orange, gold tones, and a deep brown. What if I added plum or navy? I've tried to look for inspiration around the web with no luck at all. I'm really just going for a warm, inviting, elegant evening. I hope it's a little chilly in mid March!

We're going to keep Thursday too. Since seeing the advantages of Thursday pricing, I couldn't bear to pay for a Saturday wedding! If there's a budget surplus, we'll just have to put it elsewhere - or save it!

1 comment: